Transvaginal Mesh Lawyers
Phillips Law Firm Can Handle Your Transvaginal Mesh Claim
More than 185,000 women undergo surgery to install a transvaginal mesh every year and thousands have found that they have suffered serious and painful side effects. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) have now reclassed the device for a stringent Class III approval. Phillips Law Firm is a group of experienced defective medical device lawyers who are currently in the process of helping victims like you who have been personally injured by the transvaginal mesh get the justice and compensation you deserve.
Transvaginal Mesh Information
What is a transvaginal mesh?
The transvaginal mesh or sling is a "surgical net" made out of prolene, a synthetic monofilament nonabsorbable polypropylene suture that is a finely constructed synthetic mesh. It is intended to hold up the bladder and uterus to avoid discomfort and urinary problems.
What is the transvaginal mesh used for?
Due to age or after childbirth, millions of women have found that the muscles in their vaginal cavity weaken and can no longer properly hold up their bladder and uterus. This causes the organs to sag and put pressure on the area, restricting the passing of urine (Stress Urinary Incontinence) and other complications such as Pelvic Organ Prolapse.
What Are Transvaginal Mesh Side Effects?
- Erosion Depletion in the strength or integrity of the materials that allow the mesh to keep the organs in place.
- Infection The mesh cuts into the flesh of the organs and the open wounds get infected. An internal infection could result in hospitalization, could spread to other organs, or could result in death of the patient.
- Granuloma Build up of cells around the mesh resulting in calcium deposits around the organs where the mesh touches them. Chances of infection are high and may cause complications in removal of the device.
- Incomplete voiding Incomplete voiding of the bladder could result in painful bladder infections leading to fever and lowered immune system.
- Bladder and kidney infection Doctors do not know why women are more prone to urinary infections than men, but if the infections are persistent, they could lead to a serious and life-threatening kidney infection.
- Pain Associated with many factors such as the improper installation of the device, slippage, the improper placement of the device, infection, and internal personal injuries caused by the mesh.
- Intraoperative Injuries Injuries to internal organs that may require surgery to fix. When related to a transvaginal mesh, they can happen to various organs including the bladder, gastrointestinal tract, or uterus.
- Painful sexual intercourse This can be lead to discomfort and pain that persists even after the unit has been removed.
- Bleeding If bleeding begins, visit your doctor as soon as possible.
- Recurrent prolapse Prolapse means “to fall out.” This means that the organs slip out of place frequently causing pain and discomfort.
- Neuro-muscular problems Painful cramping, twitching, and numbness.
- Vaginal scarring This could lead to loss of sensation, tenderness, itching, and discomfort
Who Produces Transvaginal Mesh?
- American Medical Systems
- Boston Scientific
- Ethicon (division of Johnson & Johnson)
- Gynecare (division of Johnson & Johnson)
- Johnson & Johnson
We will seek compensation for your transvaginal mesh claim:
- Medical costs – Emergency, hospital, and fees.
- Ongoing medical costs – Physical and mental therapy, pharmaceuticals, and additional surgeries.
- Loss of income – Lost wages and potential income.
- Pain and suffering – We seek general damages and special damages.
- Lost quality of life – Due to permanent personal injury or other factors.
Get started with your Free Transvaginal Mesh Case Evaluation!
No matter where you are in the United States, Phillips Law Firm lawyers are dedicated to getting you justice and compensation you deserve. Call Phillips Law Firm at 1-800-708-6000, we are waiting to assist you 24/7, offering a free case evaluation. Remember our no fee promise. If we do not recover anything for you, you do not owe us an attorney fee.