Crestor Defective Drug Lawyers
Phillips Law Firm Can Handle Your Crestor Claim
Crestor is one of the highest selling drugs offered by AstraZeneca and most potent cholesterol reducing statins on the market. Now it is being discovered that thousands of patients are being injured by Crestor side effects. If you are or were prescribed Crestor and have contracted type 2 diabetes, rhabdomyolysis, kidney failure, liver failure, or chronic bleeding, the experienced defective drug lawyers at Phillips Law Firm will seek the compensation you deserve.
Crestor Defective Drug Lawsuits
"There’s a conspiracy of false hope," Harvard Medical School’s Dr. John Abramson recently said. "The public wants an easy way to prevent heart disease, doctors want to reduce their patients’ risk of heart disease and drug companies want to maximize the number of people taking their pills to boost their sales and profits."
Thousands of people suffering from Crestor side effects are currently preparing to seek compensation from AstraZeneca.
Crestor lawsuits allege:
- Crestor causes type 2 diabetes, rhabdomyolysis, kidney failure, and chronic bleeding.
- AstraZeneca knew about the risks and withheld the information.
- The company failed to provide adequate warnings.
Crestor Side Effects
Crestor Type 2 Diabetes
"We found that this association [with type 2 diabetes] was true of both low potency and higher potency statins and appeared with shorter term use as well as longer term use," said Dr. Jo Ann Manson, Brigham and Women’s Hospital.
- National Institutes of Health (NIH) sponsored a 2011 study in which 161,808 postmenopausal women ages 50 to 79 were followed for 15 years.
- Statin use was associated with a 48% increased risk of type 2 diabetes.
Rhabdomyolysis is a serious muscle disease side effect that has been found in patients taking Crestor.
Rhabdomyolysis is characterized by:
- Considerable depletion of muscle tissue
- Rapid weight loss/loss in body mass
- Serious weakness throughout the body
- Weakened heart with serious potential for heart attack
Crestor Kidney (Renal) Failure
Statins collect in the kidneys. Crestor is of such a high dose that it could cause kidney toxicity.
- The raised toxicity leads to raised protein levels and blood in urine.
- Raised protein levels could cause renal failure or death.
- An independent study conducted by Public Citizen showed that the rate of acute renal failure was 75 times higher for Crestor than for all other statins combined.
Crestor Chronic/Abnormal Bleeding
Crestor has shown in clinical trials and independent studies that it could cause serious problems with clotting.
This can cause potential death in:
- Auto Accidents
- Work Accidents
We will seek compensation for Crestor defective drug claim:
- Medical costs – Surgeries, hospital stays, and fees.
- Ongoing medical costs – Dialysis, physical therapy, extended care.
- Loss of income – Lost wages and potential income.
- Pain and suffering – We seek general damages and special damages.
- Lost quality of life – Due to permanent personal injury or other factors.
- Wrongful Death – Loss of a loved on due to Crestor side effects.
Injured by Crestor
Get started with your Free Crestor Case Evaluation!
No matter where you are in the United States, Phillips Law Firm lawyers are dedicated to getting you justice and compensation you deserve on your Crestor claim. Call Phillips Law Firm at 1-800-708-6000, we are waiting to assist you 24/7, offering a free case evaluation. Remember our no fee promise. If we do not recover anything for you, you do not owe us an attorney fee.