Washington Burn Injury Lawyers
Compensation for Flame, Electrical and Chemical Burn Injuries
Burn Injuries are some of the most tragic and serious personal injuries a person can experience. It can leave a person dangerously exposed to infection and render them disfigured for life. The experienced lawyers at Phillips Law Firm will help you seek proper compensation for your burn injury.
What Are Types of Burn Injuries?
Electrical burnsThis common construction accident is often the result of faulty wiring, unsafe outlets, or faulty equipment. May result in nerve damage.
Scalding burnsA common restaurant injury caused by contact with hot water or other liquids. Common in boiler explosions in breweries and wineries.
Flame burnsVery common restaurant injuries and car accidents. Perhaps the most catastrophic flame burns happen in industrial accidents caused by an explosion or inadvertently coming in contact with mismanaged or unlabeled flammable material.
Chemical burnsChemicals and toxins are very common in manufacturing accidents. They highly regulated by Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), which has very explicit rules regarding the handling of chemicals.
Thermal burnsVery common construction injuries due to overexposure to the sun. They can also result from proximity to furnaces, glass blowing ovens and smelting areas.
Contact burnsPerhaps the most common type of burn injury, these are caused by prolonged contact with a hot object. Often the object is either not labeled, not clearly labeled or not properly cordoned off.
What Are Traits of Burn Injuries?
- Infection Burns are highly sensitive to infection. It is vital that burn victims and care takers are aware of the serious threat.
- Pain Burns are easily the most consistently painful personal injuries.
- Adventitious sounds Wheezing is indicative of internal burns in the lungs.
- Hoarseness This could be a sign of a burned throat.
- Dysphagia - The victim may have difficulty swallowing water or their own saliva.
- Dysphasia Loss of speech due to burns and swelling in the throat.
- Burnt Hair Scarring may prevent growth of lost hair.
- Nausea/ Vomiting Caused by smoke inhalation and exposure to chemicals.
- Unconsciousness The pain from the burns could cause the brain to shut down.
- Edema Fluids leak into body tissue causing swelling causing non elastic scar tissue to tear and become infected.
- Paresthesia Numbness, tingling, or pain around the burned area.
- Musculoskeletal Injuries These are deep burn injuries that expose bone, burn away muscle tissue and connective tissue, and may lead to amputation.
We will seek compensation on burn injuries for:
- Medical costs - Emergency, hospital, and fees.
- Ongoing medical costs - Physical and mental therapy, pharmaceuticals, and speech therapy.
- Loss of income - Lost wages and potential income.
- Pain and suffering - We seek general damages and special damages.
- Lost quality of life - Due to permanent personal injury or other factors.
Get started with your Free Burn Injury Case Evaluation!
At Phillips Law Firm our burn injury lawyers are dedicated to getting you justice and compensation you deserve. Call Phillips Law Firm at 1-800-708-6000, we are waiting to assist you 24/7, offering a free case evaluation. Remember our no fee promise. If we do not recover anything for you, you do not owe us an attorney fee.