Washington Back Injury Attorneys
Phillips Law Firm Can Handle Your Back Injury Claim
Back Injuries are some of the most common and debilitating personal injuries. A large portion of people who suffer a serious back injury say that the problems persist and, depending on the severity, the injury can result in a life long struggle with chronic pain. The experienced lawyers at Phillips Law Firm will help you seek proper compensation for your back injury.
Back Injuries in Washington State
What Are The Types of Back Injuries?
- Slipped Discs Discs are a soft buffer between the vertebrae. Slipped discs (spondylolisthesis) are a common work injury amongst workers who sit for long periods at a computer as well as workers who do a lot of lifting. The disc bulges out towards the spinal cord through the circle of connective tissue causing serious pain and discomfort. A car accident or even sudden movement could trigger this back injury.
- Herniated Disk The disc ruptures, a portion of the spinal disc pushes outward. The nerves can become pinched causing tremendous pain when moved. This takes a long time to heal and can only be done with ample bed rest and requires specialized strength training depending on the vertebrae effected.
- Lumbar Strain This is a twisting injury in the lower back where the ligaments tear or detach causing a tremendous amount of pain and immobility for a long period. This can require a tremendous amount of physical rehabilitation and may require surgery.
- Sciatica Sciatica is injury to the lower back that effects the sciatic nerve, the main nerve from the spine that controls leg function and sensation. A sciatic nerve injury can cause temporary paralysis or loss of use of the legs and requires intensive physical therapy to recover.
- Facet Joint Problems Vertebrae have three main points of movement: the intervertebral disc and the two facet joints. Vertebrae can fuse after an accident, eliminating the joint all together and seriously restricting range of motion.
- Broken Bones Broken vertebrae is a broken back. The proper healing process is painful and uncomfortable as the victim wears a back brace and is restricted to bed rest. Doctors recommend that the victim discontinue potentially hazardous work activities for the remainder of their professional life.
- Spinal Cord Injury The spinal cord is a giant nerve running the length of the spine. An injury to this nerve is a serious concern for all back injury patients as they wait for swelling that may be affecting the function of the spinal cord to subside. A back injury could very well reveal a more drastic problem. Please monitor your injury closely.
What Causes Back Injuries?
We will seek compensation on your back injury claim for:
- Medical costs – Emergency, hospital, and fees.
- Ongoing medical costs – Physical and mental therapy, pharmaceuticals, and speech therapy.
- Loss of income – Lost wages and potential income.
- Pain and suffering – We seek general damages and special damages.
- Lost quality of life – Due to permanent personal injury or other factors.
Get started with your Free Back Injury Case Evaluation!
At Phillips Law Firm our back injury lawyers are dedicated to getting you justice and compensation you deserve. Call Phillips Law Firm at 1-800-708-6000, we are waiting to assist you 24/7, offering a free case evaluation. Remember our no fee promise. If we do not recover anything for you, you do not owe us an attorney fee..