Washington Traumatic Brain Injury Attorneys
Phillips Law Firm Can Handle Your Traumatic Brain Injury Claim
Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI) in Washington State are common in auto accidents, motorcycle accidents, pedestrian accidents, and work related accidents. They can be life-altering events that studies have shown adversely effect the quality of life and mortality of the patient. Victims of TBI deserve compensation for their personal injury. The experienced lawyers at Phillips Law Firm will help you seek proper compensation for your brain injury.
Brain Injuries in Washington State
What Are Types Of Brain Injuries?
ConcussionA closed head injury sometimes accompanied by unconsciousness which studies have show has serious effects on brain development in children who suffer concussions in car accidents.
Skull FractureThis is a broken bone in the skull which could result in fragments dangerously entering the brain causing a serious loss of blood and/or brain fluid.
Brain HemorrhageThis can be a laceration or even a tiny slice that causes the brain to bleed. In a closed head injury the blood could seep slowly, unnoticed by medical crews, and build up pressure in the head eventually leading to sudden death days later.
How Do I Know If I Have A Brain Injury?
- Seizures Seizures are episodes of disturbed brain activity where the brain seizes, causing the victim to spontaneously loose consciousness and motor control.
- Coma This is an unconscious state that lasts longer than 6 hours and can be accompanied by serious implications in brain function.
- Amnesia surrounding the event Fairly common of a head injury after a car accident. Victims lose their ability to recall certain details of the event on a short term or long term basis.
- Confusion Following an accident, a jolt to the brain can shake a victim up, however if it lasts for more than a few minutes then it could be a sign of a serious brain injury.
- Dizziness or “seeing stars” Spots in front of the eyes is a sign of frontal lobe trauma and if balance problems remain it could be very serious.
- Fatigue Fatigue after a car accident is common and it is well known that a concussion victim needs to stay awake. However, long term fatigue and depression could be a sign of TBI.
- Headache or increased pressure in the head Increase of pressure in the head could be a sign of a dangerous hemorrhage. If left too long it could lead to death.
- Loss of consciousness If a person was unconscious for even a short period of time, then that means they suffered a brain injury of some kind. The victim should be closely monitored for further signs of brain injuries.
- Nausea or vomiting This symptom could also indicate internal injuries. Accompanied by a headache, this could mean a very serious brain injury.
- Ringing in the ears Car accidents are very loud and can effect hearing, but a serious brain injury could cause hearing problems or loss of hearing.
- Slurred speech Not being able to string together a coherent sentence is the sign of a major problem with the brain.
We will seek compensation on your brain injury for:
- Medical costs – Emergency, hospital, and fees.
- Ongoing medical costs – Physical and mental therapy, pharmaceuticals, and speech therapy.
- Loss of income – Lost wages and potential income.
- Pain and suffering – We seek general damages and special damages.
- Lost quality of life – Due to permanent personal injury or other factors.
Get started with your Free Brain Injury Case Evaluation!
At Phillips Law Firm our brain injury lawyers are dedicated to getting you justice and compensation you deserve. Call Phillips Law Firm at 1-888-617-3909, we are waiting to assist you 24/7, offering a free case evaluation. Remember our no fee promise. If we do not recover anything for you, you do not owe us an attorney fee.