Washington Head / Skull Injury Attorneys
Compensation for Head Injuries, Skull Fractures, and Pain
Head injuries and head trauma in Washington State are common in car wrecks, bicycle accidents, motorcycle accidents, pedestrian accidents, and work related accidents. This potentially serious personal injury should not be taken lightly because what seems like a mundane bump on the head at the time of the injury can escalate to a life-threatening brain injury if not properly addressed. The experienced lawyers at Phillips Law Firm will help you seek proper compensation for your head injuries.
What Are Types of Head Injuries?
- Concussion Concussions are characterized by unconsciousness of any kind after a head trauma. Researchers are finding that concussions have far more long-term consequences than previously thought leading to memory issues, behavioral issues in children, and ongoing cognitive consequences.
- Simple fracture These can be very easily be misdiagnosed as a simple concussion it is a break in the bone without damage to the skin.
- Linear skull fracture This is a break in a cranial bone resembling a thin line, without splintering, depression, or distortion of bone.
- Depressed skull fracture Blunt force fracture resulting in depression of the bone in toward the brain accompanied by splintering. Brain injury likelihood is very high.
- Compound fracture This type of skull fracture involves splintering along a large laceration of the skin. Brain injury likelihood is very high.
- Basal skull fractures Fracture at the floor of the skull around the ear, the eyes, near the spine, and the nasal cavity. These can cause other problems beyond a brain injury such as paralysis, blindness, or deafness.
- Hemorrhage Laceration or small cut that causes the brain to bleed. In a closed head injury the blood seeps slowly building up pressure in the skull potentially leading to death.
What Are Symptoms Of A Serious Head Injury?
- Confusion or fogginess
- Dizziness or “seeing stars”
- Headache/increased pressure
- Nausea or vomiting
- Ringing in the ears
- Slurred speech
- Temporary or permanent amnesia
We will seek compensation on your head / skull injuries for:
- Medical costs – Emergency, hospital, and fees.
- Ongoing medical costs – Physical and mental therapy, pharmaceuticals, and speech therapy.
- Loss of income – Lost wages and potential income.
- Pain and suffering – We seek general damages and special damages.
- Lost quality of life – Due to permanent personal injury or other factors.
Get started with your Free Head Injury Case Evaluation!
At Phillips Law Firm our head injury lawyers are dedicated to getting you justice and compensation you deserve. Call Phillips Law Firm at 1-800-708-6000, we are waiting to assist you 24/7, offering a free case evaluation. Remember our no fee promise. If we do not recover anything for you, you do not owe us an attorney fee.