Allstate released its 9th annual “Allstate America’s Best Drivers Report” and the results showed that Seattle drivers were some of the worst in the country. If you’ve ever driven through Seattle during rush hour traffic, you may agree with their results. Yet just how bad are Seattle drivers?
Allstate studied customers in 200 of the largest cities in the United States. According to their statistics, drivers in Seattle get into a crash once every 7.8 years. This is significantly higher than the national average of one crash every 10 years. In fact, it was so bad that Seattle ranked 160th out of 200 cities for safe drivers. And it seems that drivers in Seattle are getting worse. Last year, Seattle ranked 154th.
So what can be done about our bad driving? Drivers in Seattle can follow a few simple safety tips while driving.
- Give Yourself Time: Allow yourself plenty of time to reach your destination. This prevents drivers from growing impatient and speeding, driving aggressively, or performing other dangerous driving maneuvers.
- Listen to the Traffic Reports: Drivers who know what road situations are like can plan accordingly. This may mean leaving the house earlier than expected, taking an alternate route, or changing your plans all together.
- Avoid Distracted Driving: Avoid using your cellphone while driving and try to keep your eyes and attention on the road in front of you. Stay focused and watch other cars to avoid collisions.
- Keep Safe Distances Between Vehicles: Avoid tailgating and keep a safe distance behind other drivers. This will allow you time to react in emergency situations and apply the brake. Give even more distance when you are behind large vehicles, like semi-trucks, and never ever drive in a truck or car’s blind spot.
- Watch for Pedestrians: At intersections and in neighborhoods, pay close attention to pedestrians in the road. Pedestrians are not always looking out for cars, so motor vehicle drivers should be even more vigilant, especially when there are young children playing nearby.
Contact Seattle Car Accident Lawsuit Attorneys
If a negligent driver injures you or someone you love, an experienced Seattle car accident attorney at Phillips Law Firm can help. If you are interested in learning more about your legal options, call us at 1-800-708-6000. Our Seattle personal injury lawsuit attorneys are waiting to assist you 24/7, offering a free case evaluation. Remember our no fee promise. If we do not recover anything for you, you do not owe us an attorney fee.
The personal injury lawyers at Phillips Law Firm have successfully represented injured individuals and their families in Seattle, Tacoma, Vancouver, Bellevue, Everett, Kent, Auburn, Renton, Federal Way, Bellingham, Marysville, Lakewood, Redmond, Shoreline, and throughout the State of Washington.