One of the most common questions we hear is regarding what types of damages an injured victim and his/her family can recover. When you are injured as a result of another person’s negligence, you can file a personal injury lawsuit to recover damages. The jury will then decide on the amount of damages based on your injuries, the extent of your injuries, the effects those injuries have had on your past, your present, and on your future, and the loss of your ability to provide for your family.
The top 5 most common types of personal injury damages in Washington include:
- Medical Expenses – These are any bills or medical costs that you have incurred as a result of your accident. This can include surgeries, hospitalizations, doctor’s visits, medications, rehabilitation, and more
- Lost Wages – If your accident has caused you to miss time from work, you are allowed to seek compensation for lost wages. Lost wages can also extend to future wages that you will now miss because of your injuries, your disability, or the long-term effects of your injuries
- Emotional Stress – Some accidents are so horrific that they leave emotional scars. This can cause you to experience PTSD, depression, or other mental illnesses. You can seek monetary damages to help compensate you for going through emotional and mental anguish following an accident.
- Compensatory Damages – These types of damages can be awarded to help you fully recover. The aim is to compensate you for the loss of anything that occurred since your accident, so you can become whole again.
- Pain and Suffering – The pain and suffering that occur after a Seattle car accident is not easy to quantify. Yet juries are sympathetic to the pain and suffering accident victims undergo after a devastating accident. Extreme pain can be disabling and can wreak havoc on your personal relationships, your mental state, and your entire life.
Contact Seattle Personal Injury Lawsuit Attorneys
If you or someone you love has been injured through no fault of your own, an experienced personal injury attorney at Phillips Law Firm can help. If you are interested in learning more about your legal options, call us at 1-800-708-6000. Our personal injury attorneys are waiting to assist you 24/7, offering a free case evaluation. Remember our no fee promise. If we do not recover anything for you, you do not owe us an attorney fee.
The personal injury lawyers at Phillips Law Firm have successfully represented injured individuals and their families in Seattle, Tacoma, Vancouver, Bellevue, Everett, Kent, Auburn, Renton, Federal Way, Bellingham, Marysville, Lakewood, Redmond, Shoreline, and throughout the State of Washington.